Saturday, November 20, 2010

Not a bloggers' blog ...

I am NOT a blogger.  I'll get that confession out of the way quickly so that you won't be disappointed reading the rest of my first official 'not-a-bloggers-blog-post'!  Since I've told you what I am NOT, I guess it would only be fair to tell you a little bit about who I am.

My name is Laura, I am a daughter, sister, wife, and mother.  I am daughter to the King of kings, sister to many through Christ, wife to a noble husband and gift from God, and a proud mother to three most amazing children who stand to inherit the same Kingdom as I.  If you came here to look at jewelry, you may wonder why I would start off telling you about my Father.  But it is important to me that I explain the connection between who I am as His child in light of the jewelry I make.  You see, I am a sinner, which by its very definition means that I am imperfect, flawed, broken, deficient ... lacking.  Let me not forget the best part though, I am saved by grace, and therefor am perfect in His sight!  Not a perfect person, but perfectly loved!  So when I create jewelry, I have a tendency to shy away from what looks 'perfect' and find satisfaction in mixing materials and colors in a way that compliments the natural imperfections in the materials ... much like God does for each of us!

I hope you will stick around while I get used to the 'blog thing' and enjoy looking at some of the pieces I have made.  There is a story behind the majority of jewelry I have made in the last year.  I may not have the time to tell all their stories, but I'd like to try!  I hope that through their stories you will understand more about my heart, indeed I hope their stories will help you understand His heart for you!  He longs for us to know Him intimately.  His desire is that we accept our imperfections, embrace our brokenness, acknowledge our deficiencies, recognize our flaws, confess our sins, and trust that He is truly ALL we will ever need in this life!  Jewelry might make you feel pretty for a moment, but Gods' desire is to restore us to the Beauty He originally created!  What could be more perfect than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment